Monday, February 28, 2011

Twenty Years Ago -- Entry for March 21, 2007

(Moved from previous blog.)

Well, it has been 20 years (yesterday) since my mom passed away suddenly.

It is a really weird feeling. My mom has been gone for more than half of my life.

It feels like it all happened yesterday, though. I remember almost every little thing in great detail!

This year, it has been ok, just feels weird. The 10th year was hard, but the 12th was the hardest. I was planning my wedding with hubby and had a big woe-is-me period. I was NOT happy that she was not there for me...lol I know that it sounds weird, but it is honestly what I was feeling.

She passed away when I was 19 and she had just turned 40. My step-dad (only earthly father I have known) passed away when I was 35. I had a hard time then, too, because I felt way too young to no longer have any parents alive....

I may feel a bit down on Saturday (March 24th), because that was the date that she was buried. I often think a lot about her on that date, too. It is supposed to be wonderful weather once again this weekend, so I plan to spend it outside having fun!

Thank you for reading my rambling today...lol

Call your parents today and tell them how much you love them!

God bless you always,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment