I have included directions that I came up with while duplicating these. I also learned this through trial and error that it is so much easier to use a bit longer toothpicks when making these. They also look better, in my opinion. I used these toothpicks the second time and recommend these or something of similar length.
Strawberries (cone-shaped and not too big)
Bananas (straighter bananas work best, sliced)
Mini marshmallows (cut in half)
Toothpicks (4 inch if possible, I use these)
- Wash and allow the grapes and strawberries to dry. Decide how many Grinchy Fruit Kabobs you will make as you are doing this.
- Prepare your ingredients putting them into an assembly line fashion as you go.
- Cut the mini marshmallows in half with a paring knife, sit aside.
- Slice the top (end with the stem) off of each strawberry, sit aside.
- Slice the bananas. When I made 24 or 40, I used part of two bananas both times.
- Assembly your Grinches in this order: green grape (go through the dot where stem was), banana slice, strawberry with the point facing up, and half of a mini marshmallow.
- Arrange them on your plate and cover if not serving immediately. If it will be awhile, I recommend getting everything prepped and in an assembly line except the bananas. Keep the marshmallows in a closed baggie so they do not dry or harden. When it is closer to time, slice the bananas and assemble.