Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Stylish Blogger Award!


A huge thank you to Lisa at Susanna's Apron  for presenting me with a "Stylish Blogger Award"!  How cool is that?  Be sure to check out Lisa's blog!  Her writing is encouraging, thought-provoking, and personable.  I especially like the way she applies God's Word to some everyday situations in such a clear manner.

I now get to share seven things about myself and then introduce ten lovely blogs that I think are stylish!

About me:

1. I am a pretty good cook, but not really a baker.  This is mainly because I am a self-proclaimed fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type cook.  I go more by my senses.  With baking, it is much more of a "science" and you cannot as easily just change it up.

2. When I was in the fifth grade, we did reports on a state other than our own.  I had Mississippi and did a really good job on the researching and writing of the report.  I even finished all of the "steps" on-time.  When it came time to do the oral report in front of the class, I lied and told the teacher that I wasn't done with it.  I did this every day until it was too late to still do the oral report.  I then turned it in and the teacher said that I would have gotten an "A-" if I had turned it in on time.  It was most of our grade for the quarter and I received a "D" in the class.  I hadn't thought that all the way through, because I was in serious trouble.  I never told my parents or my teacher that I had it finished on time, but was avoiding getting in front of the class.

3. I am a HUGE NCIS fan!  If you follow me on Twitter or are my friend on Facebook, you probably already know this.  I tend to turn away at the gross stuff, but absolutely love how they focus on and develop the characters.  I have the first seven seasons on DVD, so if there isn't a marathon on when I need want it, I can put on my very own!

4. I love listening to Disney Radio with "Buddy".  A lot of the music on there reminds me of some of my favorite 80's music.  I am a fan of several teen stars...lol

5. A few years after I graduated from college, I was diagnosed with a reading comprehension problem and dyslexia.  It was never discovered or really even tested for until I was taking a group counseling facilitator class at the community college and my professor picked up on it. 

6.  I am not afraid of heights, but I am afraid of falling.  I can be way up in the air as long as I am somewhere that seems stable (like looking out the top of the Gateway Arch or down from a tall amusement park ride).  I do, however, get scared standing on a chair or ladder.

7.  I honestly get excited when a little leaf appears on my family tree at ancestry.com.



Here are the stylish bloggers I recommend that you check out.  I consider them all stylish in their own ways.  These are in no particular order.

1.  Cooking with K    
2.  Reflexions
3.  Sunflower Schoolhouse
4. Katherine's Corner
5. Tammy's Recipes
6. Finding Joy In My Kitchen 
7. The Finer Things In Life
8. Centsational Girl
9. Little Green Notebook  
10. Storage and Glee 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kudos, Stephanie! My kids and I went up the Empire State Building a couple of weeks ago. That was a height to fear! But it wasn't really scary because it was so secure. I've baked by intuition, and you're right - it doesn't work very well, lol! Still, I always throw flaxmeal in everything I bake.
    Blessings!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Lisa! I would love to visit the Empire State Building. I used to try to add fresh-ground flax seed in a few things, then got out of the habit. Should probably start that up again. I can't remember what the health benefits were, but do know that it is something I need. How is flaxmeal different? What all do you put it in? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming by my blog! I am following you back!

    http://greatexpectations-kyna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kyna! I am following yours via Google Reader. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the shout out...you are a sweetie! Blessings, K

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome! I enjoy your blog! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing your award with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your award. Thank you for sharing it with Katherines Corner too. I am honored and grateful for your kindness. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the award!! You are very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Amy. I enjoy reading on your blog. Love all of the zucchini recipes! Will probably be needing those soon...at least hopefully. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're welcome, Katherine. I just read your post for Meatless Monday Tomato Pie...YUM! I'll need to try that soon! Hugs to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SnoWhite - I get a lot of good things to try from your blog. I especially love the story behind you and Frog Prince getting into cooking. Take care & have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much, Stephanie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're welcome Tammy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete