A huge thank you to Lisa at Susanna's Apron for presenting me with a "Stylish Blogger Award"! How cool is that? Be sure to check out Lisa's blog! Her writing is encouraging, thought-provoking, and personable. I especially like the way she applies God's Word to some everyday situations in such a clear manner.
I now get to share seven things about myself and then introduce ten lovely blogs that I think are stylish!
1. I am a pretty good cook, but not really a baker. This is mainly because I am a self-proclaimed fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type cook. I go more by my senses. With baking, it is much more of a "science" and you cannot as easily just change it up.
2. When I was in the fifth grade, we did reports on a state other than our own. I had Mississippi and did a really good job on the researching and writing of the report. I even finished all of the "steps" on-time. When it came time to do the oral report in front of the class, I lied and told the teacher that I wasn't done with it. I did this every day until it was too late to still do the oral report. I then turned it in and the teacher said that I would have gotten an "A-" if I had turned it in on time. It was most of our grade for the quarter and I received a "D" in the class. I hadn't thought that all the way through, because I was in serious trouble. I never told my parents or my teacher that I had it finished on time, but was avoiding getting in front of the class.
3. I am a HUGE NCIS fan! If you follow me on Twitter or are my friend on Facebook, you probably already know this. I tend to turn away at the gross stuff, but absolutely love how they focus on and develop the characters. I have the first seven seasons on DVD, so if there isn't a marathon on when I
4. I love listening to Disney Radio with "Buddy". A lot of the music on there reminds me of some of my favorite 80's music. I am a fan of several teen stars...lol
5. A few years after I graduated from college, I was diagnosed with a reading comprehension problem and dyslexia. It was never discovered or really even tested for until I was taking a group counseling facilitator class at the community college and my professor picked up on it.
6. I am not afraid of heights, but I am afraid of falling. I can be way up in the air as long as I am somewhere that seems stable (like looking out the top of the Gateway Arch or down from a tall amusement park ride). I do, however, get scared standing on a chair or ladder.
7. I honestly get excited when a little leaf appears on my family tree at ancestry.com.
Here are the stylish bloggers I recommend that you check out. I consider them all stylish in their own ways. These are in no particular order.
1. Cooking with K
3. Sunflower Schoolhouse
4. Katherine's Corner
5. Tammy's Recipes
6. Finding Joy In My Kitchen
7. The Finer Things In Life
8. Centsational Girl
9. Little Green Notebook
10. Storage and Glee