Friday, April 29, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award

So cool! I just received my first blog award!  Thank you Barbara at Notes From the Second Half for thinking of me and giving me this award.  Be sure to check out her wonderful blog.  You can also follow her on Twitter @NotesFrom2Half.


I am supposed to tell you all seven things about me, so here it goes...

1. I have two children. My daughter is 22 years old and my son is 10. There is enough of a spread that it is like they are both an "only child".

2. I am VERY proud of my Native American heritage!  Two of my Great-Great Grandmas were full-blooded Indians. One was the daughter of a Cherokee Indian Chief and the other was Choctaw.  My grandma always said that I also have a few drops of Shoshone blood thrown in.

3. I do not even know the name of my biological father.  I am having trouble locating the one person who is still alive (I hope) that my grandma thought might know his name.  All that I know is that he was about 6'7", had red hair, rode a motorcycle back in late 1960's, and was likely quite a bit Irish.  Not much to go on...

4. I am actually quite shy IRL...until you get to know me. Some people are surprised that I am so introverted, because I often have to behave in an extroverted way to enjoy the life I desire.  If I want to teach children music, have some great friends, etc... I have to put myself out there.

5. I went to college on a music scholarship.  My main instrument is the trombone.  My "specialty" was that I had an amazing range.  I also taught myself to play: baritone (both clefs), trumpet, saxophone, flute, french horn (& then took some lessons), and the harmonica.

6. I was a baton twirler from the first grade through my senior year of high school.  My favorite thing was doing "2 baton". In my solos and one duet, I loved going from one baton to two by doing a one handed back-bend while twirling to pick up the second one and ending the routine by going down into the splits while twirling. Don't expect to see either of those tricks these days...

7. I am sentimental, reflective, resourceful, and a big fan of the arts.


Now, I get to pass the award on to 15 newly discovered blogs.  Most of these blogs have been around much longer than mine, but I have discovered them somewhat recently. They are not listed in any particular order.  Be sure to check them out.

1. Lost and Tired
2. Garden of Eagan
3. Solodialogue
4. The Journey Leads Home
5. Homeschooling in Heels
6. Larainy Days
7. Live, Love, Educate
8. Missional Mama
9. The Thrifty Home Schooler
10. Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
11. Welcome to Normal
12. Saving by Making
13. Whole New Mom
14. Delighting in the Days
15. The Artistic Spectrum

12 comments:

  1. Thanks Stephanie! I enjoyed reading about you and am excited to check out the blogs you listed.

    I can completely relate to #4. I'm very shy too!

    The baton twirling sounds like such fun (and so hard).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I just discovered your blog the other day and already have enjoyed checking it all out. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for thinking of me and including me in your post! Number 5 is my favorite fact because I always love to see other multi-instrumentalists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Thanks so much! I appreciate the award and I look forward to checking out others on your list! Also, I enjoyed your seven things! How amazing to be able to teach yourself an instrument and I remember liking the baton but not being very good at it. :)

    Have a great day,
    Amy @ Missional Mama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Stephanie for this thoughtful award :) I promise to comply with the rules as soon as possible :)

    Caitlin
    www.welcome-to-normal.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for thinking of me for this award! It's been a tough week, and this was a very pleasant surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The thing I love about these awards is getting to know people a little better. Your facts are very interesting. A shy baton twirler! That's a bit ironic but very adorable. Thanks for the award - it's an honor that you stop by and read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. theautistartist: You being a multi-instrumentalist is what really got my attention at your blog. I was searching around some autistic-related blogs and found yours. I love reading your blog. It helps me understand my son with Aspergers even more. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy: You deserve it. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caitlin: You're welcome. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Robin: Sorry that you have been having a tough week. Glad that I could brighten it a little. Hope this next week is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen: Actually being a shy baton twirler is quite a bit easier than being shy and in a position of doing solos and recitals on an instrument. My mom always said that she could see my dress shaking from way back in the auditorium... but it did help a lot with my verbrato. I had one naturally. ;)

    ReplyDelete