So cool! I just received my first blog award! Thank you Barbara at Notes From the Second Half for thinking of me and giving me this award. Be sure to check out her wonderful blog. You can also follow her on Twitter @NotesFrom2Half.
I am supposed to tell you all seven things about me, so here it goes...
1. I have two children. My daughter is 22 years old and my son is 10. There is enough of a spread that it is like they are both an "only child".
2. I am VERY proud of my Native American heritage! Two of my Great-Great Grandmas were full-blooded Indians. One was the daughter of a Cherokee Indian Chief and the other was Choctaw. My grandma always said that I also have a few drops of Shoshone blood thrown in.
3. I do not even know the name of my biological father. I am having trouble locating the one person who is still alive (I hope) that my grandma thought might know his name. All that I know is that he was about 6'7", had red hair, rode a motorcycle back in late 1960's, and was likely quite a bit Irish. Not much to go on...
4. I am actually quite shy IRL...until you get to know me. Some people are surprised that I am so introverted, because I often have to behave in an extroverted way to enjoy the life I desire. If I want to teach children music, have some great friends, etc... I have to put myself out there.
5. I went to college on a music scholarship. My main instrument is the trombone. My "specialty" was that I had an amazing range. I also taught myself to play: baritone (both clefs), trumpet, saxophone, flute, french horn (& then took some lessons), and the harmonica.
6. I was a baton twirler from the first grade through my senior year of high school. My favorite thing was doing "2 baton". In my solos and one duet, I loved going from one baton to two by doing a one handed back-bend while twirling to pick up the second one and ending the routine by going down into the splits while twirling. Don't expect to see either of those tricks these days...
7. I am sentimental, reflective, resourceful, and a big fan of the arts.
Now, I get to pass the award on to 15 newly discovered blogs. Most of these blogs have been around much longer than mine, but I have discovered them somewhat recently. They are not listed in any particular order. Be sure to check them out.
1. Lost and Tired
2. Garden of Eagan
4. The Journey Leads Home
5. Homeschooling in Heels
6. Larainy Days
7. Live, Love, Educate
8. Missional Mama
9. The Thrifty Home Schooler
10. Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
11. Welcome to Normal
12. Saving by Making
13. Whole New Mom
14. Delighting in the Days
15. The Artistic Spectrum