Friday, April 4, 2014

2014 Ultimate Blog Party


Hello everyone! I'm taking part in the 2014 Ultimate Blog Party. I joined up a couple of years ago and had a blast! If you have your own blog, I highly recommend that you join

If you are new to my blog, welcome to The Journey!

I am a Christian stay-at-home-mom in Nevada and homeschool our 13 year old son whom has Asperger's Syndrome. This is a high-functioning part of the Autism Spectrum.

I was officially diagnosed with Early-Onset Parkinson's about three years ago after having major symptoms for more than three years. It took awhile to diagnose...mainly due to the fact that I was only 39 when this all started. 

I blog about our adventures as we homeschool, travel, and explore our way through life... which has been made more interesting by the additions of Asperger's, Parkinson's, and gluten intolerance.

I also have a series of posts called Music Adventures. These are short, user-friendly music lessons to use with your children. These lessons do not require the parent/teacher to have ANY musical experience to be successful and they are FREE!

Here are a few of my popular posts that may interest you:


Great Quotes for Asperger's and Autism
Breaded Pork Chops w/ Homemade Marinara and Cauliflower Rice ~Gluten Free
Introduction to the String Family Part 1 - Violin, Viola, and String Basics
Do Not Assume
Friday Finds for Homeschool
Chunky Chili ~ Slow Cooker and Gluten Free
Quotes for Dealing with Parkinson's and Other Chronic Illnesses

Be sure to connect with me on other social venues, too! 

You can find me on PinterestTwitter, Google+, and Facebook

I am so glad that you stopped by. I will attempt to check out as many of the blogs as possible at the Party. But as you know, the list is extremely long. SO, if you leave me a comment below, I will definitely make sure that I check out your blog. 

Party on!



10 comments:

  1. So nice to meet you! Stopping in from #UBP14 and following you now via Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you, too! I am already following you on Twitter, but just started following you on Pinterest, too. I LOVE Pinterest! You can probably tell by my extensive boards, followers, etc. I'm a little addicted...lol At least it's a healthier vice. ;)

      Delete
  2. So glad to have discovered you and your blog!
    Thank you for visiting www.musicteachingandparenting.com
    I am glad you did so that I can come over and follow you back. I am hopping over to your music adventures page now!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm glad that you visited me, too. We seem to have a lot in common. ;)

      Delete
  3. Nice to meet you from the UBP! My son and I both have Asperger's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Christina! I just hopped over to your blog and discovered how much we have in common. I am now following you. Take care!

      Delete
  4. STEPHANIE!! So Sorry for the delay, but you are the Printables4mom.com $100 CASH WINNER!! Please email me at printables4mom@gmail.com and let me know if you would like an Amazon.com giftcard or would like the cash delivered to your Paypal account. And, again, CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! SO cool!!! I just sent you the information, Thanks!!!

      Delete
  5. maggie.danhakl@healthline.comMay 11, 2014 at 10:36 PM

    Hello Stephanie,

    I am happy to inform you that your blog has made Healthline’s list of the Best Parkinson's Blogs of 2014. Healthline diligently selected each of the blogs on the list, and you can see the full list here: http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/best-parkinsons-blogs

    We welcome you to create a badge a for your site recognizing this feat here: http://www.healthline.com/health/60360

    Thank you again for providing this great resource. Please let me know if you have any questions.

    Thanks,
    Maggie Danhakl • Assistant Marketing Manager
    p: 415-281-3124 f: 415-281-3199

    Healthline • The Power of Intelligent Health
    660 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
    www.healthline.com | @Healthline | @HealthlineCorp

    About Us: corp.healthline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is an amazing feeling to be recognized again. I truly appreciate it! I also love discovering other helpful and inspiring blogs through your lists. Thank you SO much!

      Delete