Saturday, December 10, 2011

We Are All Related - aka Kids Say the Darnedest Things

My son "Buddy" is a BIG fan of several Disney stars. All of a sudden, he exclaimed, "I'm a cousin to all of the stars!" He went on to say that since we are all directly related to Adam and Eve, that makes him related to Selena Gomez, China Anne McClain, etc, etc, etc........

After I told him that he was correct, he asked if that genealogy site I use has information all the way back to Adam and Eve. I said that they don't. He then asked in an apprehensive tone, "Is it ran by atheists?"

I had the hardest time controlling my laughter. I couldn't believe that he just came up with that out of the blue. It took me a few minutes to be able to tell him that no, that wasn't it at all. It was a good thing that I was at a long stop light and not on the interstate...lol

I then explained to him that there are A LOT of missed records throughout the years and that is why Ancestry.com doesn't go back that far.

Kids say the darnedest things!

No comments:

Post a Comment